JOIN US AT HYBRID CISBAT 2021
CISBAT 2021 International Scientific Conference
CARBON NEUTRAL CITIES – ENERGY EFFICIENCY & RENEWABLES IN THE DIGITAL ERA
8-10 September 2021, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Digitalisation, machine learning and smart materials offer a whole new toolset for the decarbonisation of the built environment. At CISBAT 2021, specialists in these domains connect with building scientists focused on energy efficiency, renewables, circular economy and human comfort and health to bring the building sector closer to the carbon emission and energy efficiency targets it so urgently needs to meet.
We are delighted to invite researchers and stake holders who, from nano to urban scale, actively work toward more sustainable buildings and cities, for three days of scientific knowledge exchange and networking at EPFL in Switzerland – face to face or online.
- 50 years of history and 50 years of future – The Limits to Growth in a long-term perspective
Jørgen Randers, Professor emeritus Climate Strategy, Dept of Law & Governance, BI Norwegian Business School, as well as full member of the Club of Rome and founding chair of the China Association for the Club of Rome
- Decarbonisation of Buildings: Analysis and conclusions of a study by the European Academies Science Advisory Committee
Brian Norton, Professor at TU Dublin and Head of Energy Research at Tyndall Institute
- Computing and Data Science for a Sustainable Future
Jennifer Chayes, Associate Provost, Division of Computing, Data Science, & Society Dean, School of Information Professor of EECS, Information, Mathematics, and Statistics University of California, Berkeley
- Solar Energy: Generator of a New Architectural Design
Beat Kämpfen, Co-founder and Partner, kämpfen zinke + partner architectural practice, Zurich, Switzerland
1. Smart materials for building envelopes (micro- and nanotechnologies)
2. Climate resilient buildings (ecobuildings, retrofit, performance gap)
3. Daylighting & electric lighting (human centric & green lighting)
4. Human & building interaction (user centered systems, health, behaviour)
5. Building simulation & ICT (design, optimisation, analysis)
6. Renewables in the built environment (electricity, heating and cooling)
7. Smart buildings & districts (distributed energy systems, predictive & adaptive control, energy demand & supply)
8. Data mining for the built environment (big data & machine learning)
9. Urban climate modelling (microclimate, energy performance, regenerative design)
10. Innovative construction for circular economy (LCA, recycling, design)
- Two days of topical sessions covering a wide range of research projects (200 papers to be published in Journal of Physics: Conference Series) with special sessions chaired by IBPSA Switzerland and IEA EBC Annex 79.
- A roundtable focused on Cities on their Way to Carbon Neutrality: Approaches beyond Myths and Political Greenwashing
- Workshops on AI for the built environment, Building simulation, the EnerMaps open data tool and Innovations to accelerate the renovation wave.
- Topical visits on the EPFL campuses Lausanne and Fribourg.
- An evening dinner cruise on Lake Geneva, and plenty of other occasions for networking.
- An excellent virtual conference platform to make the conference a pleasant experience for on-site and online participants alike.
Detailed information and conference registration: www.cisbat.org.
Based on a partnership with myclimate.org, CISBAT 2021 will be carbon neutral. Offset of CO2 emissions (including due to participants' travel and lodging, infrastructure, meals etc.) will benefit high-quality myclimate climate protection projects. Generally, care will be taken to keep CISBAT’s environmental footprint to a minimum.
|Prof. Dr Jean-Louis Scartezzini
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
IEA EBC Annex 79
Swiss Federal Office of Energy
As well as a highly qualified scientific committee and a large number of dedicated expert reviewers!
Your contact: Barbara Smith, Conference Manager
Solar Energy and Building Physics Laboratory (LESO-PB)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
Station 18, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Phone +41 21 693 6249
email@example.com - www.cisbat.org