|ECOCITY WORLD SUMMIT 2017
Join the largest gathering ever held in Australia of the world’s leading urban sustainability and climate researchers, policy makers and practitioners.
Participate in a 3 day program that offers over 100 Plenary, Urban Leadership, City Practice and Academic Research sessions featuring over 300 speakers from more than 30 countries.
Don’t miss this valuable opportunity to make connections with colleagues from across the globe and collaborate, share ideas, be challenged, learn and be engaged.
The program will be led by outstanding international and national presenters including:
- Kevin Austen (Deputy CEO C40)
- Prof Harriet Bulkeley (Author Accomplishing Climate Governance)
- French Senator Ronan Dantec (President Climate Chance)
- Peter Glynn (International Chamber of Commerce)
- Andy Merrifield (Author The New Urban Question)
- Joanna Partin (Director Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance)
- His Excellency Mr Yoghesh Punja (Fijian High Commissioner to Australia)
- Aromar Revi (Director Indian Institute for Human Settlements)
- Deb Roberts (Climate Advisor ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability)
- Mark Twidell (Managing Director Tesla Asia Pacific)
- Rachmat Witoelar (Climate Envoy to President of Indonesia)
- The Hon Lily D’Ambrosio (Victorian Minister for Energy, Environment & Climate Change; Minister for Suburban Development )
- The Hon Richard Wynn (Victorian Minister for Planning)
- The Hon Ian Hunter (South Australian Minister for Climate Change)
- Kate Auty (ACT Sustainability Commissioner)
- Rueben Berg (Director Indigenous Architecture and Design)
- Prof Katherine Gibson (Author Take back the Economy)
- Arron Wood (Deputy Lord Mayor City of Melbourne)
If you represent State and Local Government:
Learn the latest in practical solutions to urban sustainability challenges, from the very best in the field. Talk with mayors, ministers and local government CEOs from around the world, as you build your professional networks. Our practical workshops and masterclasses will help you learn skills to take back to your home jurisdiction – skills which will enhance your career progression.
If you are a researcher:
Hear from leading international and Australian urban researchers in our rigorously peer-reviewed academic stream. You’ll be exposed to cutting-edge debates and the freshest ideas from scholars from the Asia-Pacific to Europe. And different perspectives will be on offer as you mix with hundreds of policy practitioners and businesspeople working in urban sustainability.
If you work in the corporate sector:
Hear the best ideas and latest solutions to urban sustainability challenges from around the globe. Give yourself and your business a competitive edge as you build networks among business people, Ministers, Researchers and Mayors. The Summit will have an Asia-Pacific focus, allowing you to tap into developments in the world’s most rapidly expanding – and exciting - cities. Don’t be left behind!
If you are a member of the community sector:
ECOCITY will help you perform your work to the highest standard. Hear fresh ideas, tap into emerging debates, and learn practical skills on urban sustainability challenges as you build networks from around the globe. The Summit has an Asia-Pacific focus, with speakers from India and Indonesia discussing the very latest developments in the region. An active program of arts and cultural events, and site visits, will allow you to round out your ECOCITY experience
The full program is now available for you to plan your 3 day agenda. Act now – registrations are selling fast! Savings are available for group bookings of 5 or more.