Call for Papers - Achieving Green, Healthy Cities
Deadline for submissions: October 31st, 2014
You are invited to submit a paper proposal for presentation at the 52nd International Making Cities Livable (IMCL) Conference on Achieving Green, Healthy Cities that will take place June 29 – July 3, 2015, in Bristol, UK. Bristol will be the Green Capital of Europe in 2015.
“The ideas and innovations of Achieving Green, Healthy Cities are essential for making our cities ‘fit for life’ and sustainable for the future. Bristol is a living laboratory for green ideas and I’m delighted that we have the chance to host the IMCL Conference.
I welcome you to Bristol and invite everyone to take part in a unique opportunity to inspire us all to innovate, grow and improve the quality of life, in the UK and worldwide.”
George Ferguson, CBE - Mayor of Bristol
- Healthy Transportation Planning
- How Public Health and Planning Collaborate
- Physical Planning for Healthy Cities
- Ten-Minute Neighborhoods and Town Centers
- Healthy Buildings, Healthy Architecture
- Counteracting Environmental Health Inequalities
- Urban Design for a Hospitable Public Realm
- Street Design in the Healthy City
- Sociable Squares and Special Places
- Green and Blue in the Livable City
- Regeneration Projects
- Lifetime Communities
- A Green Healthy City for Children
- Pedestrian Paths
- Community Festivals
- Community Participation in Planning and Reshaping the City
For more information, please click here. To submit a paper proposal, please follow guidelines here.
Deadline for submissions: October 31st, 2014.
Please join us in Bristol to help guide this important challenge to achieve green, healthy cities. We look forward to seeing you there!
This conference is co-organized by:
- International Making Cities Livable
- Bristol City Council
- The Academy of Urbanism
- The University of the West of England